New Era Educational and Charitable Support Foundation is pleased to announce its new partnership with the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC), UNESCO and a wide coalition of partners from corporations to civil society in launching the world campaign “Do One Thing for Diversity and Inclusion”, aimed at engaging people around the world to Do One Thing to support Cultural Diversity and Inclusion. Following the adoption in 2001 of the Universal Declaration on Cultural Diversity the UN General Assembly declared May 21 as the World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development.
- Host a Conference on “Diversity and Inclusion” on Tuesday, May 21 to mark the United Nations World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development at CRUDAN Guest House, Jos, Nigeria.
- Host a week-long “Training and Community Mobilization Program” for
Secondary School Students in Plateau State, in collaboration with Mindfulness Without Borders. This event will hold on Friday, May 17 -20, 2013 at CMIA, Jos, Nigeria. During the Awareness and Community Mobilization Event, handbills, flyers, banners and other printed Information Education and Communication Materials will be distributed.
- Spread the word about the campaign among its networks and members;
- Have the banner of the campaign posted on its website; reciprocally, its logo will be posted on the UNAOC website, brochures and communication material of the campaign;
- Invite individuals to take a concrete action to support diversity and inclusion;
- To raise awareness worldwide about the importance of intercultural dialogue, diversity and inclusion.
- To build a world community of individuals committed to support diversity with real and every day-life gestures.
- To combat polarization and stereotypes to improve understanding and cooperation among people from different cultures.
Join the worldwide campaign, “Do One Thing for Diversity and Inclusion”, like the Facebook page and encourage your neighbors, your family, your friends and your co-workers to Do One Thing to support Diversity and Inclusion on the World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development on May 21. Every one of us can do ONE thing for diversity and inclusion; even one very little thing can become a global action if we all take part in it. Contact Marta López: martaL@unops.org or Emmanuel: email@example.com
This year, we invite you, our dear partners and friends, to support the UNESCO Universal Declaration on Cultural Diversity